Simplyhired.com Review, Coupons, Promotions
Many Rounds of Growth and Change
As internet job sites began to take over the employment scene in the mid-nineties, HR departments and recruiters found at their disposal a number of job portals that were making life easier for them. Simply Hired came along a little later but quickly found its niche and has been successful and has remained at the forefront of its competition ever since. The site started taking shape in 2003 with funding from three investors in the amount of $1.2 million. The beta version of the site launch on March 16, 2005. Numerous rounds of funding from both investors and venture capital firms over the years helped to sustain the company as competition grew. Partnerships with MySpace Careers in 2006 and the Washington Post in 2009 provided additional exposure and growth for Simply Hired. The company’s headquarters are in Sunnyvale California and as of this writing the current CEO and president is James Beriker. As of this writing Simply Hired has expanded and now operates in 24 countries. A sudden and unexpected developed occurred on May 26, 2016 when all worldwide operations were ordered to cease within 30 days as a directive of upper management. Customers were notified and it seemed the company was closing its doors. Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd owner of Indeed.com made an announcement that they would be acquiring Simply Hired on July 1, 2016. They two companies continue their individual front-end and separate identities but partner together with their combined databases.
As an aggregator job search site, Simply Hired is an expert at scouring the internet finding job postings from company job boards, newspapers, classified listings, social networks, associations, content sites and other career employment websites. The site is also structured as a pay-per-click (PPC) advertising network for recruiters looking for candidates. PPC services are used by recruiters to stand out and attract more high-quality candidates and for seeking specialized or hard-to-find positions such as software developers or engineers.
In today’s world 70% of individuals search for employment on their mobile devices. Simply Hired is proud of their mobile app as it currently enjoys a 4 star rating on the Google Play store. This is an advanced functionality app where job hunters can search for jobs, view results, filter by date and relevance, view their profile, sync the app across multiple devices, create a resume, apply to jobs, check their inbox, create an alert, save jobs, track and manage job search activity, email jobs to themselves or friends and much more.
Simply Hired Awards and Recognition
- 2014 –Forbes list of 35 Most Influential Career Sites (came in number 6)
- 2014 – PC Mag’s Best Job Search Websites
- 2014 – Brandon Hall Best Advance in Talent Acquisition/Technology category.
- 2014 – Youtern Top 50 Blogs for Young Careerists
- 2013 – Forbes Top 10 Best Websites for Your Career (came in number 3).
- 2013 – PC Mag’s Best Job Search Websites
What Employers and Job Seekers should know about simplyhired.com
- Simply Hired is now part of the Indeed job network of job portals partnering with Indeed as of July 2016.
- Job hunters seeking jobs on simplyhired.com are able to enjoy exposure and listings from both simplyhired.com and indeed.com.
- It’s easy to get started with a free listing on Simply Hired by creating a recruiter account and filling out the profile and job details.
- It’s important to note that free job listings get what is called Standard Visibility status. For given search term, as time goes by, free listings will move down the list of newer jobs.
- Sponsored Job listings get boosted visibility considerations by being placed at both the top and bottom of standard search results and not age-out with time as the Standard Visibility listings do. This is a pay-per-click (PPC) service where the recruiter is in control of job posting expenditures and relative placement in relation to other competing ads. As is normally the case with other job website services, there are no contracts or subscription fees associated with the simplyhired.com PPC service. Sponsored Job listings obtain for recruiters many more responses from high quality and best-matched candidates. A recent study showed that Simply Hired Sponsored Job listings reduced the cost per hire by 58% compared to other job boards paid services.
- Employers and recruiters will enjoy the dual resume distribution feature. Resumes are delivered to both email and to the Simply Hired/Indeed dashboard. This helps to notify recruiters of new applicants in real time via email delivered directly to their inbox while allowing for advanced management and organization of all applicants for ongoing tracking in the dashboard.
- Good for job seekers and recruiters alike, is the “Simply Apply” feature available on the Simply Hired mobile app. With this slick feature an applicant’s resume and account information is used to automatically fill out and populate job applications. This saves a tremendous amount of time for the seeker. It’s important to note here that job posters must enable this feature for their job listings in order to be utilized by the job seeker.
- Recruiters will like the Simply Hired/Indeed Dashboard as it is highly organized with separate tabs for Overview, Jobs and Candidates. Many recruiters have remarked in online forums as to the efficient, effective, logical and intuitive layout of this dashboard. The overview tab is especially noteworthy as busy recruiters will be able to quickly get an overview of the Unread Candidates, Activities and Interviews Scheduled.
- Job seekers will like the fact that SimplyHired offers more advanced search options than any other employment site for finding a specially-suited, perfect job match. Job hunters get to select the level of filtering for job search with options such as date, relevance, keywords, company, education, experience and more. This allows for either a broad or a more targeted job search.